The exercise weight vest is very effective to improve your body’s muscles and general fitness level. Generally, athletes wear weight vests to improve their performance in a particular sports activity.
But, there are no hard and fast rules to wear a weight vest to get an advantage out of it. It works on a simple technique: if you add an extra weight to your body core, it will increase the rate of fat burning even during the normal everyday activities or household works.
You can wear some of the weight vests under the T-shirt. Usually, they are more comfortable than other types of vests. Therefore, it will burn calories of your body while doing yard chores like mowing the lawn or gardening.
Table of Contents
How can you Maximize Workout with a Weighted Vest?
A weight vest is a kind of jacket with weight bars that add extra weight to your body while jogging, running, or even moving. The weight resists your body to move and thus, an increased amount of effort is needed to take your body forward, straightening muscles and ligaments while moving.
A weight vest is equipped with the double-closure systems that keep the vest in place during extreme workouts. They are very playful and most adaptable with sports and fitness training equipment. It allows a lot of calorie burn, muscle toning, and strength building.
If you exercise with a weighted vest on your upper body, it will increase the speed of developing your muscles, burning fat and exchange of fat into your body tissues and muscles.
Especially the athletes and armed forces wear the weight vests a lot. It is great because wearing a vest changes the effect of an exercise! It becomes more taxing, from a simple stretch to cycling or running.
If you are still confused, wear a weight vest and stretch. You will certainly feel the extra force required to do that exercise.
If you take walking as your favorite form of exercise, there is a good news for you. Put on a weight vest and walk for few minutes to increase the rate of calorie burn. It is that simple!
A simple walk can be an awesome training exercise when you wear a vest with few pounds added to it. The cardiovascular capacity of your body increases due to the extra weight it carries.
Nowadays, the weight vests are very stylish, comfortable, flexible and you can start wearing it with a manageable weight. If you want low impact workout during walking, a weight vest could place a good amount of resistance to the ideal position of your body.
How to lose Weight with a Weighted Vest?
Use the following tips to lose weight wearing a weight vest:
- Wear the weight vest while doing household chores such as vacuuming or cleaning the garage.
- The weight of the vest should be 2% of the body weight for a beginner. Try to extend the percentage to 10 gradually.
- Wear the vest while going on a walk with your dog or in light jogging.
- Your exercise weight vest must fit well. As you are adding an extra weight to your own body, the utmost importance should be given to the fact that it fits properly.
Tips for Using the Weighted Vest Correctly
You must use the weight vest correctly to get the best output –
- The vest should be tight yet comfortable. It neither should irritate your breathing nor be tight around you.
- You have to follow certain instructions while doing any workout. So, never impose too much weight on you. It will be harmful to you if the body cannot take the weight properly. It may injure you as well!
Precautions that you must take while Using Weighted Vest
Following are some precautions that you must take while using a weighted vest –
- A word of caution concerning balance: If you are a beginner, start with a very minimal weight until you can balance your body with ease. It may sound odd, but adding more weight than your capacity can affect your balance badly.
- Another word of warning: If you have weak bones in your spine, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT wear any kind of weight vest. Such people should be very careful about choosing the suitable exercise for them. Added weight would be harmful rather than help your osteopenia in that area. However, it is found that a weight vest helps increasing bone density in the hips.